|Archived Commentaries||Primers & Reports||Search Text|
Use the drop-down menu below to find highlights and links to Commentaries from the present and past months.
Not a Subscriber?
The majority of recent Commentaries are only viewable with an SGS Subscription, but all of our older Commentaries have been opened for all to read. To view these, use the menu below.
OPEN Commentaries from June 2012
• Actual Monthly Change in U.S. Unemployment Rate Masked by Inconsistencies in Reporting
• Home Sales Keep Bottom-Bouncing Along
• Housing Starts Bouncing at Slightly Higher Plateau
• Softening Inflation Pattern Is About to Reverse
• May Year-to-Year Inflation: 1.7% (CPI-U), 1.6% (CPI-W), 9.3% (SGS)
• Real Retail Sales and Real Earnings Revise Lower
• May Sales Fell 0.8% Against Initial April Reporting
• PPI Decline Reflected Oil Price Drop Compounded by Adverse Seasonal Factors
• Don’t Blame the Economy on Europe
• Global Markets to Turn Against U.S. Dollar
• Hyperinflation Outlook Updated
• Gold Remains the Ultimate Hedge
• May Unemployment: 8.2% (U.3), 14.8% (U.6), 22.7% (SGS)
• Annual M3 Money Supply Growth Slowed Further in May
• Construction Spending Stagnation Continued in April
• April PCE Deflator Dropped Below Fed’s Target